Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall 2013 First Draft: Epistolary Story


Two Rows Forward and Three Desks to the Right

Sam,
I left this note in your desk so your friends wouldn’t see you read it. I don’t think they are as nice as you think they are. Why do you like them? You can leave a reply in your desk later and I’ll find it.

Sam,
I know you got my last note. I saw it crumpled up in the garbage. Did you know that your friends went to the park without you last week? I couldn’t hear all of what they said, but I know that they said something about you and Jesse.
Sorry. Thought you would want to know.

Sam,
I’m sorry if my last note made you sad. If I were you, I would want to know that Amber and Jenny were talking about me so I could make better friends. It wasn’t supposed to make you cry.

Who is this? What do you want?

Sam,
I just want to be friends.

You suck at it.

I’m sorry, Sam. I’m glad you are at least talking to me.

I hate you. You ruined everything!

Sam,
I’m not the one who was talking about you.

No. You are just a tattletale. Who is this?


Sam,
You didn’t want to tease me. Amber made you. Amber and Jenny.

Sam,
I’m not Tucker. You didn’t need to yell at him at recess. I don’t know why you did in front of his friends. And I really thought that Amber and Jenny would at least pretend to be your friends when they hit you.

Why don’t you tell me who you are?

I don’t want you to hate me.

Sam,
Won’t you say anything? This makes me smile. I hope you like it. You are right. I am bad at making new friends. I’m too shy. What makes you smile?


I’m sorry you are shy. I really like horses.

I like dragonflies.

Me too. I have a necklace that has a dragonfly on it.

I know. I like it.

Thank you.

You’re welcome. J Why haven’t you worn it in so long?

Amber says bugs are yucky, not pretty.

I’m glad to see you wore the dragonfly today. Want to come over to my house on Saturday?

I don’t even know who you are.

Sam,
Really? You’ve graded 2 of my spelling tests in the last month. My address is 126 Collins St. I’m free at 11:00 AM Saturday.

Why are you telling me who you are now?

You said thank you.

Emily,
I had fun on Saturday. I’m sorry I said your hair was weird when you dyed it blue. I like the green it is now. Want to eat lunch together by the jungle gym?
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment